Management By Strengths (MBS)
Management By Strengths (MBS) is a program that connects people and profits in a way that enables both managers and employees to work at their optimum levels and with greater job satisfaction.
How Does the MBS Program Work?
Implementation of the Management By Strengths program consists of 3 steps:
Identification: The MBS Survey is completed to determine a person’s basic temperament traits. The resulting MBS Profile Report is a concise, easy-to-understand representation of each individual’s basic communication style.
Understanding: The Management By Strengths seminar concentrates on developing a practical understanding of the specific characteristics of co-workers’, managers’ and customers’ temperaments. Managers and employees attend MBS training together, where they gain a clearer understanding of their own strengths and then learn to identify and focus on their co-workers’ and customers’ differing styles.
Application: Once MBS students have a basic understanding of communication styles and are familiar with the MBS Relationship Principles, they can quickly apply their MBS skills to begin improving both professional and personal relationships. The benefits are immediate.
Why is MBS Unique?
During the Management By Strengths seminar students study the actual strengths of their co-workers, rather than abstract concepts or psychological theories.
Because managers and employees attend together, strengthening of working relationships that might normally have taken years begins in a day..
Gaining a better understanding of one’s own temperament is an important first step, but most “profiling programs” stop there. MBS takes interpersonal relationships to the next level, teaching trainees how to focus on people they interact with daily.
After applying MBS principles, the focus of a person on their co-workers, their customers and their family becomes “outward” and “proactive.”
How Will MBS Help My Company?
- Learn critical elements of team building.
- Increase productivity.
- Reduce costly turnover.
- Influence employees and co-workers to support each other.
- Enhance the selection process.
- Learn to identify a customer’s decision-making style.
- Increase customer satisfaction.
- Improve salespeople’s listening skills.
- Learn methods of reaching agreement.
- Learn how to be “proactive” rather than “reactive”
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Identify managers’ and employees’ leadership strengths.
- Help your people better understand themselves.
- Learn basic communication styles.
- Team Building
- Customer Relations
- Employee Selection
- Employee Retention
WHO USES MBS?
In business since 1979, MBS has built its client base on referrals from one satisfied customer to another. All companies, large and small, benefit from an improved understanding of communication and decision-making styles. The MBS current client list includes:
- Delta Air Lines
- GMAC Mortgage
- Mercedes–Benz USA
- sanofi-aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Kansas City Power & Light
- Hendrick Automotive Group
- Studer Group
- Rapp Collins Worldwide
- Mercy General Health Partners
- Vestas Wind Systems
- Garmin International
- ConAgra Foods